Hello, guys Tech Tuners here, It has been two years since I am using the Ring flood home security CCTV camera, so this camera for home from the Ring floodlight cam has been in the market for two years already. I don't think there have been any hardware updates on this.

I used to say that this Wi-Fi security system from the ring has been the most reliable and dependable Wi-Fi security camera for the home that I own.

Feel glad to say that this ring floodlight home security camera is the perfect camera for home and other property. This is the only CCTV security camera I have that is flat out exposed to the elements from the raging 100-plus degrees summer heat and to our coldest winter weather and the rains and storms the last two years.

I also have talked about how bad oxidation and rust around the area will live and the ring floodlight cam is holding pretty well. The thing about where I installed this floodlight is in a wall on top of the garage and there's no roof overhang or eaves that can at least partially protect it. 

My ring floodlight clad cam is also the only Wi-Fi camera that I own that its motion detection and light activation is being tested multiple times a day every day. It is just because the garage is where we get in and out and gets a lot of people, animals, and vehicle traffic. I can say that its motion detection is 99% spot-on. 

I haven't had any instances that I got out of the garage area that the camera didn't notify or didn't record the event as to false alarms this floodlight camera uses both PIR and camera-based detection. The PIR or passive infrared part has always been constant. It will detect any heat movement but when it is combined with the camera's algorithm detection that ring I'm assuming continually updates and tweaks.

You will get the most accurate and detecting motion that matters meaning if it got triggered then a person, animal, or vehicle triggered the camera. This floodlight camera has never been triggered by swaying leaves. The motion zones are pretty accurate in the daytime but at night there will be instances that a car or truck that is large enough and drives slow enough that can occasionally trigger the camera.

Review - Ring Floodlight CCTV Cameras for Home Security.
Now I'm not going to give all the credit to the floodlight cam when I initially installed this. This is when I found out that the rings floodlight Wi-Fi antenna is not the best and also because of the brick wall to interior walls plus a metal garage door that the Wi-Fi signal has to go through. I wasn't able to reliably connect the camera then. So I have to install a Wi-Fi extender.

When I installed this Netgear extender two years ago I already had this for a while and this extender held up the last two summers where the heat in the garage can go up to 114 degrees. This extender is still working without any issues. I just to clarify that Wi-Fi cameras need a strong Wi-Fi connection, not the speed. You can have the fastest download and upload internet speed but if the connection isn't strong and reliable then you'll have issues with this camera or any Wi-Fi camera. 

https://techoftowns.blogspot.com/ Review - Ring Floodlight CCTV Cameras for Home Security.

Wi-Fi extenders usually cut your internet speed in half but it will be a strong and reliable signal on where you installed it and that is the reason why I don't have connection issues with this floodlight camera. You can easily check the strength by looking at the RSSI or the received signal strength indicator on the device health in the settings. The lower the number the better usually if it is solid black instead of green and if it is around higher 60s or 70s then you will have connection and reliability issues.

So a simple fix is installing an extender any extender. Most ring cameras which include this floodlight connect to a 2.4 gigahertzrts Wi-Fi only. 

So you don't need a multi-channel extender for the camera to connect. So we will test the basic features of the floodlight camera and see after two years if it is still working. Now there is a new update on the app. You can check it out under the linked devices option.



Swhen my floodlight detects motion I can set any of my other ring cameras to also start recording or to turn on their lights or both. If you have the ring alarm you can also set any of your ring cameras to start recording when it goes to entry delay like when you or somebody opens the door and the countdown before the alarm goes off begins or when the alarm goes off. 

The ring floodlight Cam is continually doing updates and that is good that we are starting to see integration between their products.